Last Updated: May 21, 2018
What this policy covers
- Our cookies and how to control them
- Third-party cookies and how to control them
- How we make changes to this policy
- How to contact us with questions about cookies
This policy covers all websites, products and services offered by Economic Security Planning, Inc., under the following brands (hereafter referred to as “we,” “our services,” or “our sites”):
- Maximize My Social Security
- MaxiFi Planner
- Analyze My Divorce Settlement
- ESPlanner Basic
- ESPlanner Basic Canada
- Economic Security Planning, Inc. (this site)
Our cookies and how to control them
- Identifying your browser for security purposes so we know whether you are logged in or not and to associate your login session with your browser.
- To keep track of minor preferences to improve your experience on the site, for example, whether you closed a particular alert message so we don’t keep showing you the same alert message repeatedly.
Because these cookies are either critical to the function and security of our services, or simple browsing enhancements, we do not offer you any direct control over them. However, you can adjust your browser preferences to reject all cookies from our sites and will be able to browse the informational parts of our sites but will not be able to log in to your account or access any of our financial planning tools.
For further information on controlling cookies in any browser, go the Help menu for the browser and search for “cookies.”
Third-party cookies and how to control them
To control Google Analytics cookies and data collection, you have several options:
- Use the "Do Not Track" header in your browser.
- Install Google Analytics’ opt-out browser add on (available for all major browsers).
- Adjust your advertising settings/preferences at Google’s Ads Settings site
When you click on an embedded YouTube video in our sites, YouTube sets a variety of cookies to enable playback, though some of the cookies are also used for tracking.
To avoid YouTube cookies entirely, simply do not watch any videos on our sites. If you want to watch videos but opt out of advertising and tracking related cookies, see the Google cookie links above as YouTube is a Google property.
To control Hotjar cookies and data collection you can either
- Use the "Do Not Track" header in your browser
- Visit the Hotjar Opt-Out page
How we make changes to this policy
How to contact us with questions about cookies